My 18th Birthday


A few weeks ago I turned 18. 
I am now what they call a "Responsible Adult".

But apart from the various reasons why I should definitely not be classed as an adult at this particular time, my 18th Birthday was small and intimate. 
I spent the day with my Mum running errands and doing a little bit of shopping. Then when the clock struck 6:30p.m. , we headed for dinner at the nearby hotel where I met 5 of my closest friends; Sally, Lily, Emma and Liz. 
Then at a spur of the moment decision we decided to go see the midnight session of
 Mockingjay Part 1. 
At that moment my 18th Birthday was over although I was left with the most beautiful and sentimental gifts I have ever received. 
I am thankful for every single one. 

From my family I received: 

Alt-J This Is All Yours Album

So this present here was my biggest surprise from my family (since i picked most of the others out). It is a Faux Rose Gold Fossil Bracelet with little diamantes on the band.  
This ring is my first real big present from my family. I will have this for years and years. It is rose gold with a tiny diamond in the centre of the arch. It is absolutely gorgeous and I am extremely thankful for it.  
Sohum, Vanilla Absolute Botanical Wood wick Candle. If you don't have a fireplace and wish for he sound of a crackling fire, this candle is perfect. The Wood wick is what it burns off and it has the exact same effect as a fire would. 
From my Friend Liz I was given such a thoughtful gift. Recently we have both been absolutely obsessed with The Life and Times, which is a fan fiction (the only one that i have and ever will read), so this zippo lighter is actually a perfect gift. I see it as more than a piece of merchandise of the book. It's a big part of Liz's and I friendship.
The object next to the lighter is Felix Felicius i.e., Liquid Luck, i.e. scotch.
From my friend Emma, she gave me a tube of Henna Paste. Which is so different and a lot of fun to play with. I love drawing and writing so now I can draw on my own skin without having to make the commitment like I would if I were to get a tattoo.  
These are just a few of the amazing gifts I received on my Birthday. I thank everyone who helped celebrate me becoming (unfortunately) and adult. It was one of the best Birthdays I have ever had. 

xx 
Caitlin 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author