The Elm Haus

And no, I didn't spell 'House' wrong. 
One the Weekend my family and I decided to go out to breakfast up the mountain. This was a spectacular drive, scenic and full of adventure. We stumbled upon this cafe, which looks to be an old church, which my Dad had informed me as we studied the place. 

This was not all the cafe was. But connected was a place where you could spend a night. 
This is now my new favourite place to go. It's quiet, beautiful and full of stories. 



I found this one of the most interesting parts on inside the Elm Haus. This was situated on the bookshelf shown below, and it was a little set up and it seemed so delicate. I just found it seemed to fit into the house so well. 
 This was not a normal bookshelf that you would find anywhere. This bookshelf held all types of things; Snakes in jars being the main one. Truthfully it kind of was a little frightening, but it was so unique that I seemed to love the idea. The most random things sat upon the shelves, a golf club, an old fan, and it also had board games. I love cafés that have board games because no one really plays them anymore so when you are seated at a café it just seems so fitting to play a board game. 


 This was one of my favourite walls in the place, and that was because they had framed Australian flowers/plants and hung them up. I found it gave a real touch to the place and made it feel like home. 



The Elm Haus is a magnificent place to visit, their coffee is delicious and their food amazing. But the best part about this certain café is what you can find around the place. From a Knight in shining armour to snakes in jars, this place tells a story for every imagination. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author