January Favourites!

Here are some of my January Favourites!


These eight objects are what i have been loving recently! Beauty and non beauty!

This necklace was given to me by my little sister as a graduation present. I love it, The detail is amazing. An actual four leaf clover is the main focus of this necklace. And around enclosing it is gold that she had engraved with; Carpe Diem. I love it so much. 

This 2014 Diary was given to me for christmas from my parents. It is beautiful. The detail is gorgeous and is set out amazingly. They got it from Kikki K and the theme of the diary is basically plants. Every month has a different illustration to describe the season which i find beautiful. In the back are stickers to help with organisation, which I know I need. 


To go with the diary i got this pen from my sister where she bought it from Typo. Written on it says; 'Please, take me to NYC!' which is one of the places that I have always wanted to go. 

 I am re-reading this book for a second time. And I have to say it is probably one of my top 3 books. It has an amazing story and is just very different to everything else i have read. This book has actually inspired me to write something similar.
The blurb: 
Errand requiring immediate attention, come. 
The note was on vellum, pierced by the talons of the almost crow that delivered it. Karou read the message. 'He never says please', she sighed but she gathered up her things. When Brimstone called, she always came. 

In general, Karou has managed to keep her two lives in balance. On the one hand, she's a seventeen-year-old art student in Prague; on the other, errand-girl to a monstrous creature who is the closest thing she has to family. Raised half in our world, half in 'Elsewhere', she has never understood Brimstones dark work - buying teeth from hunters and murderers- nor how she came into his keeping. She is a secret even to herself, plagued by the sensation that she isn't whole.

Now the doors to Elsewhere are closing, and Karou must choose between the safety of her human life and the dangers of a war-ravaged world that may hold the answers she has always sought.



My beauty favourites have been these three. Although I have been loving these products for awhile now they never cease to disappoint. The foundation shown in the first picture has been raved about all over the internet and that is Rimmell's Wake Me Up foundation. I am quite pale so i am in the tone 100 Ivory. 
The Mascara is Maybelline's the Falsies volume express. This lives up to the name. It gives great volume to your lashes and really makes my eyes stand out. 
The nail polish is essie's 'merino cool' and is a deep purple. I would explain it as having a more of an earthy feel to the colour than a normal purple colour would. I would show a photo of it on my nails but they are extremely chipped at the moment. Sorry. 


My last Favourite is a repurchase because i loved it so much. This candle is from the Glasshouse range found in David Jones and a few other small Boutiques. This candle is called Tahaa and is the scent of vanilla caramel. And let me tell you, this candle smells amazing. It's sweet and refreshing. Imagine someone baking caramel tarts and that is what the scent is. It's strong and delicious, a downside is that it makes me hungry :)



This movie is definitely my new favourite movie. Stuck in Love, starring, Lily Collins, Loagn Lerman, Kristen Bell and many other astounding actors/actresses. The movie is about a family of writers who fall in love, avoid love and can't escape a recent love. Definitely worth the watch- more than once- and if you love romance movies or just a good film this is perfect for you!


I have recently fallen in love with Arctic Monkeys. Although I only love a few of their songs so far of their recent album, Am, some being; Bottled up Tight, Knee Socks and Do I Wanna Know. If you like alternative music i recommend you giving these guys a listen to and you will fall in love.

So those are my January Favourites i hope you liked them! 
Talk next time with an Update! 
xx
Caitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author